Friday, March 2, 2012

Bunny Birthday Card Tutorial


My handmade card to my BFF for her 21st! I love making cards for people I love! I find it more meaningful and more unique as compared to those that you get off shelves from stores. Those off shelves are just not enough to express myself to those important people whom may be receiving them. This will be my first tutorial for you people out there (and also for me to remember how I made it in case I forgot!)

These are the materials that you would need:
(sorry, not all of them are inside as I already finished making the card before I decided to make a tutorial on it)

  1. Cut out of a Bunny (or any other animal that you desired)
  2. Card stock, preferably 100GSM & above
  3. Felt cloth, big enough to fit your cut out
  4. Scissors
  5. UHU glue
  6. Laces
  7. Pom Pom Balls for the tail
  8. Ribbon flowers (for decorations, may replace with others decoration if desired) 
  9. Alphabet Stickers 
Method:
(Sorry again that I do not have the process in pictures, but I'll do that soon!)
  1. Sketch out the bunny on a piece of paper. I use the pictures print out from my computer and then draw according to them.
  2. Take a piece of felt and position the cut out on it and then proceed to cut the felt.
  3. Take one of the Pom Pom Balls and slightly flatten it with your hands. Stick one side with UHU glue and paste it onto the felt cut out. Leave to dry.
  4. Fold the card stock into half. (Most of them come in the standard size from the craft shop) and cut out 20cm x 14.5cm (single side).
  5. Stick the bunny onto the card using the UHU glue. I glue one side of the felt first, then I adjust to the position I want and I then glue the other side.
  6. Stick on the decorations onto the bunny. I choose flowers and lace ribbons to give it a more elegant country feel. 
  7. Proceed to stick the message using the alphabets stickers inside the card.
This is how mine looked like:


Hope you'll have a fun time making yours too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment