Tuesday, April 9, 2013

[Review] The Body Shop Mango Lip Butter

18 days to Melbourne


A little review on one of my favourite, the mango lip butter from The Body Shop!


This thing have always been my favourite since I was young (like 12?) to even now (10 years and counting!). It comes in many other flavours, but I'll go for mango. 

One thing I really love about this is the sweet tangy smell of mango and the sweet taste of it. As compared to other lip balms I definitely find this more moisturizing and buttery as compared to those lip balms in stick form. I usually use it at night before I go to sleep as a lip moisturizer, and when you wake up you have baby soft lips. 

On the down side would be that it's a little tricky to apply it on, at home you just need a clean finger and smear it onto your lips directly from the pot. But if you are outside, you will need a lip brush to apply it. Also, it doesn't goes well if you want to use it before applying lipstick, the lip colour doesn't goes on well onto the layer of lip butter. 

Price: SGD $10.90 for 10ml

PROS:
  • Sweet smelling and tasting
  • Moisturizing (good for overnight lipcare)
CONS:
  • Not convenient to apply onto the lips
  • Slight stinging effect on the lips when too much are applied
Rating:
3 out of 5

Would I recommend it?
Yes, if you like mango and using it for lip care at night, but no for those who would like to use them on the go.

No comments:

Post a Comment